Tuesday, April 8, 2008

' my ' rock show

gone are the days when people used to watch movies, serials and other shows on t.v and just one hr news everyday
with so many 24 hr round the clock news channels in every language... the normal sight of a happy family watching t.v has changed to a nail biting tensed family waiting for a flash news to appear any time...
even in my home the news channel became the only channel... so i watched it for sometime yesterday ,, and found some very interesting things
.... new findings of old tapes of osama scratchin his beard
.... naked female running on mars ( with pics...ummm)
.... a guy hitting his wife in crime news
..... and complete coverage of a couple making out in a cyber cafe in my colony

now with such interesting 'news' ... even i started watchin it everyday...

anyway since none of these channels covered the thing i did ( no... not another mms) ... im writing about it myself...
there had been a fest in my college which of course is boring...as every year but what caught my attention was they said there is a competition of rock bands...
since i know no gud bands participate in such a boring fest... i thought i might give it a try...
ive been going to rock shows for quite some time now and have been dreaming of me on the stage and rocking everyone but never imagined i would get a chance to perform...so began my quest to find talented ppl from my college who can play something( since i dont hav any talent in particular)...
so i found some like minded ppl( booze and fag binding us)... and practiced for a couple of days and managed 3 songs(we were'nt sure till the last 5 min)...
the crowd mainly was staff and few volunteers.... and i imagined i would get freaked out on stage...
but... nothing of that sort happened.... we were playing rock music to odd crowd... but it is my 'first' gig... so i actually felt good the moment i went on stage...and once i started singing i felt really comfortable... and started enjoying myself.... its truly a great experience...
we won the first prize anyway..... and the whole thing right from practice sessions were too gud to remember,,,,

but the weird thing that happened is that.... a normal rock fan getting a chance to perform is a dream come true... and there should be nothin more i could ask for...
but i dont know y i am not content... i feel i want to do more shows and more chances....
maybe thats how life is..." greedy"... but i guess thats the way it is...

anway,,,, for metal fans... the songs i gave vocals for
come as you are - nirvana
rape me - nirvana ( we confused the college crowd by singing hate me and rape me together)

No comments: